Taxes & Fees
Town of Hartly Taxes, Fines and Fees
- The Town of Hartly Tax Year runs January 1 through December 31.
- Annual Town of Hartly Real Property Tax Rate is assessed at .0075 of the Kent County Property Assessment (For example: Kent County Property Assessment of $18,900 x .0075 = $141.75).
- Town of Hartly Property tax statements are mailed to the property address on file with Kent County (http://www.co.kent.de.us/finance.aspx).
- Town of Hartly Property tax statements for each year are mailed in the month of August of the current year, with a due date of October 31 of the current year.
- Annual Street Light Tax of $70.00 is assessed for each parcel of property within Town limits. The Street Light Tax is billed at the same time as the property tax. The due date corresponds with the property tax due date of October 31 of each year.
- Miscellaneous fines/fees incurred will be billed throughout the year. Unpaid miscellaneous fines/fees incurred will be included on the annual property tax statement.
- 1% Realty Transfer Tax Rate is assessed on the sales amount of a property when transferring from one owner to another and should be remitted directly to the Town of Hartly.
- A vacant building Ordinance, requiring annual registration and fee was enacted in June 2021. See Ordinance # 02-24-2021-001 for details of fee structure.
- See the Ordinances web page for other fee schedules.
Questions regarding Town of Hartly Tax should be emailed to Townofhartly@gmail.com.